Sunday, December 13, 2009

Players of the week

First of all, a quick thing I forgot to write last night: How good does it feel that the Wings were finally on the right side of an outplayed, outshot, but still winning game? For me it felt awesome.

Ah, to the point. I have decided to, once and for all, make my own Red Wings three stars of the week thingy. It will be based on my player/Wing of the game selections, stats, but most of all my gut feeling. I will elect this on sundays (or mondays when I'm busy) and it will be covering the games from last sunday, through saturday. So without further ado, for this week (four games: Rangers, Blues, Ducks, Bubba):

Third star:
Henrik Zetterberg: 4 games, 0 goals, 4 assists, +4 rating, 1 Red Wing of the game honour at FNatJ
Hank hasn't had a good week scoring wise. Actually he has struggled a lot with his shot. But he has still battled and dominated on both ends of the ice. He was an integral part of the PK being as good as it was this week. I would also like to say that I hate the fact that I didn't have any stars for Brad Stuart. He's been great this week too.

Second star:
Jimmy Howard: 3 games, 2 wins, 4 goals against, 0.951 save percentage, one player of the game selection at FNatJ
Jimmy was amazing in all three games, giving the Wings a chance to win. The only mistake he made all week was the weak goal Sexton scored in the Duck game. Kudos!

First star of the week:
Todd Bertuzzi: 4 games, 4 goals, 0 assists, +1 rating, 2 GWGs, 2 player of the game honours at FNatJ
From having critized Todd a lot, I am now, at least for the time being, a convert. He's been working harder and harder the last couple of weeks, getting much better defensively, and finally he was able to convert the hard work into four goals. The last three of those were excellent skill plays. Let's hope he can be at least half as good for the rest of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment