2 years ago
Monday, December 14, 2009
Early result on an image search for "Gary Bettman ass"
Sooo, Gary's Coyotes are coming into the Joe tonight. Should be fun. We all remember the last game, and embarassing 2-3 overtime loss in Glendale. Before the Nashville game I called for revenge and out of superstition I will do so again: I want revenge!
The Coyotes have had a surprisingly good start of the season and are now situated in the 6th spot of the Western conference, 3 points in front of the Wings. They are pretty hot right now and are 4-0-1 so far in December if I have counted right. So the Wings are in for a challenge keeping up their winning streak.
The most important player of the Coyotes is Ilya Bryzgalov. He's been one of the NHL's top goalies this year and has an 18-8-6 record, 1.95 GAA and a save percentage of .928.
Offensively their Captain Shane Doan is leading the team with 19 points, in front of the enigma Robert Lang (17), Matthew Lombardi (17) and Radim Vrbata (16). Adrian Aucoin is their top scorer among defensemen with 15. Their top goalscorer is Scotty Upshall with 9 goals. It seems like these Coyotes score by commitee.
Their top plus/minus guys are Taylor Pyatt (+9), Zbynek Michalek (+7) and Daniel Winnik (+7). Surprisingly Shane Doan is second worst on the team with -6.
Former Red Wing enigma Robert Lang will be facing his former team tonight
The Red Wings
The last couple of games have not been the best ones playing wise, but the Wings have grinded out a couple of wins, these are things I'll be looking for in today's game:
- The Wings seemed tired during the Nashville game, will they be fresher today?
- The Wings need to ride their win streak and take some confidence out of it by having a good start today. Please show up on time guys, please!
- Todd Bertuzzi has 4 goals the last two games. Can he net another one (or two, or curly fries) or at least follow up with some offensive production and continued good effort defensively tonight?
- The Wings are going to need to break down one of the NHL's premiere goalies tonight. An early, grindish goal would be perfect.
- Will Nick finally score? Have Z and Pasha re-adjusted their aim?
Wings win 4-2 and the Coyotes doesn't exist 5-10 years from now. Hopefully they've found a new home in Canada by then.
Breaking fucking news
Detnews.com reports that Darren Helm is out indefinetly with a wrist injury. Kris Newbury is called up to replace him. Fuck, fuck, FUCK! We really didn't needs this. The only good thing I can see in this is that every time the Wings have lost a forward to injury this year they have won the next game (when Kronwall was injured they lost the next one), hopefully that trend can continue tonight.
I am now on twitter, you can find me at @FightNightatJoe.
Check out Drew's amazing Pointless Preview. Hilarious as always.