Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Coyote Ugly

The Coyotes are in town and since they are just points ahead of the Wings it is an important game. Let's catch them, stay in a playoff spot and gain some ground.

Kronner is back for tonight's game. Meech is out. And May is in for Leino. I'd prefer to test Meech in that spot on the wing, but whatever.

The Record
The Coyotes are 5th in the East with 63 points in 52 games. They have a record of 52-29-18, but have only won four of their last ten.

The goalie
Ilya Bryzgalov is a great goalie, but the last two games against the Dogs the Wings have owned him. His stats are: 45 GP, 26-14-4, 2.33 GAA, .918 save %, 5 SO, 1 assist, 2 PIM.

The players
Points leaders:
Doan 34
Lombardi 32
Vrbata 30
Upshall 29
Jovanovski 26

Goal leaders:
Upshall 17
Vrbata 16
Doan 14
Prucha 11
Lombardi 9

+/- leaders and losers:
Vrbata +12
Fiddler +10
Michalek +10
...
Lang, Doan, Korpikoski -8

Keys to the game
- How will Niklas Kronwall look?
- How will the shakeup affect the first line?
- And the second?
- Sixty full minutes please!

The animated videos
Yes, there is more. A spy cam in a room at the Joe captured this meeting between Mike Babcock and Chris Osgood after the morning skate:


And Niklas Kronwall spoke to Ken Daniels this morning. Sadly the interview was never aired because it was too menacing and Kronner suddently broke out in bad, bad Swedish and otherwise sounded Australian. Luckily, I have a copy:

8 comments:

  1. The videos are the best - keep them coming! I really should have shut my door before I watched them though. If anyone was in the hallway, they are probably calling the proper authorities right now to have me taken away to a little padded room.

    Next time I'll know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Closing the door would be a good idea, the lotion part with a child voice is probably not the best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, these are fantastic! I'm dying right now. Great job, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. Xtranormal is the most entertaining website I have found in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These made me cry I was laughing so hard, and I'm pretty sure my roommate thinks I'm crazy now. (But it was worth it)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ozzie looks like Patrick Kane in his limo picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously LOL'd at these. Especially the one with Osgood. The Ozzie with the little kid's voice was a nice touch. And Kronwall with the British/Aussie accent? WIN. I'd love to see one of Crysbaby/Bettman's interactions...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lindsay: Aren't roommates supposed to think we're crazy?

    Kris: Haha, didn't think of that.

    Nurse: I tried giving Kronner a German accent, but that didn't work

    ReplyDelete