1. Go over to A2Y and find the epic brawl with a Wild blogger.
2. Check out this Frank Zappa song (from his latter, worse period, but still at least funny and one of the better songs of that period) here performed by his son Dweezil's Zappa Plays Zappa project:
Well, so the Wild are the night's opponent. Can the Wings get more effective tonight? Hopefully they can. Cause a win would be swell. The lineup is the same as against the Caps, except for the fact that Tiberius is in for Ozzie (thank God)!
The Wild are currently 13th in the West with 51 points in 50 games (5 less points in 1 more game than the Wings). They have a record of 24-23-3. So a win would be kinda vital. They are 4-5-0 in January and have lost their last 3 games.
It will probably be Niklas Backström, but Josh Harding has also gotten some playing time lately, so I'm gonna put up both here.
Backström: 41 GP, 21-16-3, 2.76 GAA, .901 save percentage, 1 SO, 4 PIM
Harding: 12 GP (9 starts), 3-7-0, 2.95 GAA, .898 save %, 4 PIM.
Mikko Koivu 45
Andrew Brunette 37
Martin Havlat 33
Marek Zidlicky 31
Eric Belanger 30
Guillaume Latendresse 15
Antti Miettinen 13
Belanger, Owen Nolan 12
+/- leaders and losers
Nolan, Kim Johnsson, Robert Earl, Clayton Stoner, Jamie Sifers +1
Belanger, P.M. Bouchard 0
Chuck Kobasew -8
Havlat, James Sheppard -9
Brent Burns, Derek Boogard -11
Keys to the game
- The Wings scored on 4,3% of their shots against the Caps, can they do better this time?
- Jimmah in net, will he show Ozzie what a real goalie is?
- Can Pasha and Z continue to look good? They need more shoot!