I'm sick, so short and sweet...
The Sharks looked best out of the gate, but the Wings got some good chances too, especially one from Abbie. Then Blake took a penalty. The PP was pretty weak and after it Lidström nearly gave the Sharks a good chance with a horrific giveaway. The Wings looked like they were getting into it around the halfway mark, but then they lost a faceoff, Jimmah gave a rebound and there was nothing they could do with Marleau's goal. Just gotta wonder? Who was supposed to hold up Heatley and Marleau? The goal seemed to fire the Wings up. They were the best team for the second half of the period. Their best chance came on a Cleary breakaway, but sadly Nabby saved.
The Wings had the puck the most in the beginning of the second, but they made too many sloppy passes, so the Sharks got the best chances. After a while the passes started connecting and then Ryan Clowe made a bad pass that Pasha snapped up at his own blue line. Dats then took it up ice and put it perfectly in the opposite top corner. 1-1! Except for a Sharks PP the Wings had the next part of the period. Then Janik took a shot which Eaves tipped into the net. His stick was just under the crossbar, so good goal. And then, Flip won the puck in his own zone, took it up ice for a 3-on-2 with Nick and Buckets, Buckets got it, took his time and roofed it. 3-1 Wings. The rest of the period saw a few Sharks chances, but no goal.
The third started with some Sharks pressure and thing looked grim after two icings when the Wings got it out, Helm took a giveaway to the net and battled it in. After that the Sharks naturally pressured, but the Wings played good defense and controlled the game. With 4-5 mins left Cleary took a minor penalty and also a fight against Setoguchi. They killed it off and won. Great game!
- If you're not Canadian you're worthless. At least according to Don Cherry. He's a racist pig, his remarks about OV last year were horrifying, but today took the cake. Naucea was not a part of whatever sickness I have until I saw tonight's coaches corner. What a sore loser. I bet he cried when USA won.
- Ken Daniels made so many mistakes. I think Murph must've shared his flask. I miss Mick.
- Z looked like he ha better legs tonight.
- Kudos to the Shark tank for playing She sells sanctuary and Hot for teacher.
- The 'vettes line is awesome. Fact.
- Eaves got his 50th career goal.
Keys to the game
- Can Howard follow up the Kings game with another great game?
He was good and solid. Not as spectacular as in LA, but didn't need to either. Great game actually.
- Can the Wings limit the Sharks's scoring opportunities, especially for their top line?
Well, they got quite a few of them, but nowhere near as many as the Kings got. And they didn't look that dangerous. The Wings played good defense, blocking shots, getting in the lines, keeping them to the outside and forechecked well.
- Can Pasha and Z create some offense?
Yup, the line won quite a few battles, had chances and Pasha scored the tying goal.
- What will Helm do to amaze us?
He worked hard, flew around and created havoc. And he won a battle right before Eaves's goal. Then he made an amazing play without a stick. And he scored. I was gonna give the player of the game to Pasha, but this guy stole it.
- Can the Wings play a better game?
Yup... Much better. Great one.
Play of the game
Pasha's takeaway, run up ice and perfect shot.
Player of the game
Darren, the king of Helm
3 years ago