That just sucked. Embarassing.
After a lackluster few opening minutes, the Pasha line started a Red Wings surge that sadly lead to no goals. Then, around the middle mark, the Flames had some offensive zone time due to sloppy choices by the Wings. I cannot fucking stress this enough. Success comes down to right choices. The Wings made a lot of wrong ones in the first. Then the Wings took over again and it all culminated with a PP drawn by (!) Bertuzzi. The PP was terrible and the momentum swung so Calgary owned the end of the period. The second needs to be more stable.
The second was weird. It started off with some nice back and forth and trading of chances until a weird bounce ended on Langkow's stick (Stuart thought they were exiting the zone and lost him totally). Some Flames guy covered Howard and Langkow scored on a perfect shot. The Flames had pressure for the next minutes and the Wings seemed dead. Luckily the Wings got back in and then, when it seemed like the Flames was taking the momentum back, a nice pass hit Pasha, who didn't get the best shot, but Kipper fumbled it. 1-1. After some more back and forth, Detroit got a PP and there Nick shot-passed to Homer who perfectly tipped it in. 2-1. The Wings had the most pressure for the rest of the period, except for on a PP, where they sucked.
Except for the first 20 seconds, the Flames dominated the start of the third. They got payoff when Iginla broke his Red Wing drought when both Kronner and Stuy overcommitted and missed their men. Less than 2 minutes later, pressure by the same line lead to a bounce in. The Wings couldn't answer when they got a PP and had to kill off a Flames PP. Couldn't do shit after that either. Then another Flames PP. That was negated when Miller drew a penalty. The Wings end PP got some chances, but instead Higgins scored in an empty net. Fuck you Red Wings. You don't deserve playoffs playing like this. Embarassing. Real, real fucking bad.
- I like 12:30 EST = 18:30 CET starts better.
- The refs warned Homer for his conduct around Kipper. How about warning Kipper for his constant whacking on Homer, focusing on making the right icing calls and calling penalties (board on Bert, rapage during the PP). The refs clearly hates kids, and puppies.
- I love it when Eaves hit big guys.
Keys to the game
- Can the team play like they are aware of what this game means and like they wanna win it?
They seemed to have the effort, but at times they were really sloppy. The in the third they didn't play the first ten, then there was effort, but it wasn't team effort, just individual desperation.
- Can Jimmah shake some shaky efforts and be as huge as we need him to be?
Jimmah was safe in the first. He didn't have to be spectacular in the second either, but he was good and safe. He might have been a little too early down on the Langkow goal, but he was screened. None were really on him, but not a stellar game.
- Jason Williams seem to wanna stay in Detroit and has gone on a minor goalscoring tear as of late. What will he do tonight? Secondary scoring like that is going to be crucial down the stretch.
He had a nice pass that sprung Z in the first. Other than that he wasn't too special.
Play of the game
The Homer goal. What a nice shot-pass by Nick.
Player of the game
Pasha just seems like he is on fire these days!
3 years ago