Wouldn't it be so cool if Nashville became a thrash metal hotbed so we could call it Thrashville? Well, until then I'll go with Trashville.
This is a big game in some ways. The Flames, predictably, lost today and the Wings have the opportunity to pull 8 points ahead of them. If they do that I will say they have a 99% chance of making the playoffs. They also have the chance of gaining ground on other teams and could advance a spot or two if the result go their way. Now I know that many of us would rather see SJ or Chicago than the Dogs or Canucks in the first round, but well, you've gotta beat the best anyway to win the cup and the most important thing right now is that the Wings can keep their game at a high level down the stretch, get chemistry, lines that stick and go into the playoffs with a good feeling, being on a roll. So we need a win tonight, as always. Let's take them down, get closer to clinching a playoff spot and a breathing point. Cause it would sure be nice to be able to get off the Hasek for a game or two before getting on for real when the playoffs start. Dan Cleary is out, Meech is in.
Keys to the game
- The Wings need to continue their dominant passing game.
- They need to get an early edge on Suter and Weber, cause they're good.
- No one fights Shea Weber.
- No blocks Shea Weber's shot with places they don't have ALOT of padding.
- Make sure Shea Weber doesn't get any shooting opportunities.
- A better game from Jimmah.
- Better PP effectiveness, especially early
- Please hurt Jordin Tootoo, not badly, but so that he leaves the game real early and doesn't return. I HATE those train whistles.
3 years ago