Friday, May 21, 2010

If Lidström leaves

As I have said before, I love making depth charts and line combos when I am bored at work and here is what I did today. I kinda thought it a bit too farfetched, irrelevant and depressing for now, but due to popular demand (Rob from Wings win, eh?) I am posting it.

If Lidström stays, the depth chart on defense is pretty much locked up. Kindl replaces Lilja and that is it. But what if he goes? I have already stated (on TOV) that I want the Wings to sign Derek Morris and Volchenkov then. So I kinda made some depth charts with them in them:

Morris - Rafalski
Kronwall - Stuart
Volchenkov - Ericsson

This one has a good 1st pair of all round defensemen with offensive skills, the Kro-Stuy pairing and Volchenkov gets to watch over E.

Volchenkov - Stuart
Morris - Rafalski
Kronwall - Ericsson

Three kinda equal pairings: One shutdown pair extraordinaire, one all round one and a Swedish one.

Volchenkov - Rafalski
Morris - Stuart
Kronwall - Ericsson

This one has three equal ones again and all of them are quite good both offensively and defensively.

Volchenkov - Morris
Kronwall - Stuart
Rafalski - Ericsson

So, we get two very balanced pairs and an offensively exciting, but very scary pair in E and Rafa.

These are the pairings I could imagine if this happened. Which it won't. So now you wasted two minutes of your time. Congrats.

4 comments:

  1. Kronwall won't be on the third pair, ever.
    I do like both Morris and Volchenkov although I believe it'd be one or the other, we don't have room for both

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on Kronwall, but in all those pairings there are really no clear 1,2,3 rank..

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we get Morris, he'd be 5th D with Ericsson as 6th.

    Rafalski Volchenkov
    Kronwall Stuart
    Ericsson Morris

    or

    Rafalski Stuart
    Kronwall Kindl
    Ericsson Morris

    or

    Rafalski Volchenkov
    Kronwall Stuart
    Ericsson Kindl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. Pretty good balance on those pairs :P

    ReplyDelete