3 years ago
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
I went to the Crossroads, fell down on my knees...
So the Wings are playing the Blues tonight. The Blues had a really hot start and looked like the team to beat, but then got slapped with some injuries, the one to Oshie hurts them bad, and have lost four straight and played terrible. Which probably means that they will come into the Joe on fire. Know this: The Blues are talented. Their team is chock full of talent from the front and end and all the way back to Jaro Halak, who will probably follow up some recent bad efforts with a mindblowing game. How do we handle this? The guys just need to go out there and play good, solid Red Wings hockey. That will lead to a win.
Keys to the game
- Get to Halak early. Make him break down again.
- Don't let the Blues speed capitalize on our defensive mistakes.
- Thank God that Kariya is gone. Such a Wings-killer.
10 things you didn't know about the Blues
1. David Backes would like to play golf with Sarah Palin, Ronald Reagan and Albert Einstein. Yowza...
2. Patrick Berglund is a really bad tipper according to my friend who's dad drove him in his cap after his rookie season. The tip: 20 cents.
3. Eric Brewer was on the 2002 Canadian Olympic team. No, I don't get it either.
4. Ian Cole is nicknamed "MachEEN"
5. BJ Crombeen likes Old School and Will Ferrell. His name makes me laugh.
6. Matt D'Agostini and TJ Hensick grew up idolizing the player everyone grows up idolizing. Hockey players get it. Stevie was the man.
7. Jaro Halak grew up idolizing Curtis Joseph, the worst goalie I have ever seen live.
8. Aside from loving DMB, Barret Jackman won the Calder back in 02/03. Bet half of you had forgotten who snubbed Z.
9. Cam Jansen is a metalhead. I approve.
10. Erik Johnson would have the Blues assistant equipment guy in his golf foursome.